Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Granny Stripe Blanket Completed

Wow.  I can't believe how much I have done on this blanket over the last two days.  Well I had two hours waiting up the Hospital so that gave me a head start.   This was a great place to sit and crochet I thought uninterrupted but no.  Firstly an elderly lady sat next to me who was a knitter, she couldn't crochet but wanted to know all about it.  Then a couple sat opposite me and the husband said to the wife  "look what that girl's doing there.  Is that knitting?"  His wife replied "No it must be crochet"  I smiled to myself as they sat there discussing the speed of which my blanket grew and the colour combinations as if I wasn't even there.

I then heard lots of comments like - she is so young to be doing an old fashioned craft.  I did laugh and thought to myself if you took a little look on line there are a lot of us at very different ages producing the most amazingly modern and fashionable items!

I did enjoy my time sitting hooking away and listening.

Anyhow.  This is the result and my little man looves it.  I was going to give it a border but he has taken it to bed.  So another time maybe.

I will take some better photos in daylight and post next time.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Clare x

1 comment:

  1. your blanket looks wonderful. mine is going soo slowly at the mo, I'll get there in the end !!

    ReplyDelete